A Baby Shower in the Burbs

Jen's baby shower was very... SWEET. Her sister Kelly did a fabulous job with decorations and food and fun. There was sort of a dessert theme going on with brownies and ice cream and chocolate covered fruit. I was a happy girl. I've never been shy about being the first to hit up the food table at a party or the first to head out to the dance floor and get things going, so I was happy to stuff my face to make the others feel more comfortable. At least, that's the way I see it.

What makes this food even more incredible is that Jen has a gluten allergy, which is a big deal considering gluten is in EVERYTHING. She wasn't diagnosed until a few years ago, so all those times in college I told her to suck it up and stop being such a hypochondriac still haunt me. Especially considering we lived on pizza and beer at the time.... ooooops....

So if you've ever tasted gluten free food, a lot of it is horrible. Poor Jen! But I have to say that I sampled virtually every single dish (oink oink) at the shower and it was all delicious. No funky texture or aftertaste. Kudos to Kelly, Susan, & Jen's Mom!



Jen lives in an adorable cottage on a Christmas Tree farm. It was a GORGEOUS day with perfect weather and a great turn out. I'm not big on goofy baby shower games (especially when only a handful of people there know me) so I was relieved that we didn't play many and they weren't awful. Have you ever seen that one where women melt chocolate on diapers and have to lick the brown gooey mess and determine what kind of candy bar it is? I mean, WHAT?!?!?! We kept the chocolate on our plates, and for that I am thankful. Instead we guessed how big around her belly is and tried to complete nursery rhymes.

TP tummy girth
Jen still can't believe life after size 0
Kelly and the tie breaker
eek! No sleep the night before..

Jen got tons of loot and since this is her first baby, it was all giant boxes with things like strollers and car seats and bassinets. I tried to do my best Oooh and Aaaah to show enthusiasm, but truth be told I had no idea what some of those contraptions were. MaryAllen & I stuck to what we knew: we got nursery decorations Jen registered for and I (of course) made a giant flower headband.






When it came time to write Jen a message on the "Tree of Wisdom," I'm afraid it was pretty obvious which ones were written by her single college friends:



I may have no clue about babies, but luckily Jen doesn't mind. Baby shower - success!







Source URL: http://joshhamiltonblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/baby-shower-in-burbs.html
Visit josh hamilton blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive